Twelve months, 12 issues, hundreds of stories about the people, places and events that make the Lake Minnetonka area such a special community. As we look back on 2019, we're reflecting on the stories you—our readers—loved most. These were the top 10 most-read stories on lakeminnetonkamag.com last year—revisit them (or catch up on what you missed) and be sure to share your favorites on social media!
- 'Every View is Better When It’s Framed in Mahogany': Meet Lake Minnetonka's Wooden Boat Lovers Club
Sierra Nevada’s Lake Tahoe, Wisconsin’s Lake Geneva, and our own Lake Minnetonka vary across location, depth and size—but they all have one interesting offering in common. The answer? Each lake is a mecca for a unique collection of wooden boats.
- Boom Island Brewing Company Brings New Taproom to Minnetonka
Boom Island Brewing Company moved from Minneapolis to Minnetonka with a larger taproom and a promise of more beer.
- What to Do in the Twin Cities This Summer
Our picks for things to do and see this summer—all without leaving the metro.
- American Swedish Institute Brings Light of St. Lucia's Day to Twin Cities
December 13 marks St. Lucia’s Day, a Christian feast day in celebration of the 3rd-century martyr who, according to legend, brought food and aid to persecuted Christians hiding in catacombs, using a candle-lit wreath to light her way and leave her hands free.
- Orono Foundation's Red and Blue Bash 2019
The Orono Foundation for Education’s annual Red and Blue Bash raised $315,000 to benefit Orono schools.
- Remodel Takes Minnetonka Home from Outdated to Outstanding
Creative teamwork transformed Hindy and Scott Tankenoff’s Minnetonka home from 1990s neutral to classy, modern chic.
- 'I Love Gary': Joey Nova's Chef Takes Care of His Community
Joey Nova's chef Gary Ezell takes care of his employees and beyond—wrapping his community up in love and comfort food.
- The Tragedy of Lake Minnetonka's Halsted Brothers
The lives of the Halsted brothers ended sadly near the Lake Minnetonka bay that bears their name.
- Revisiting Our Favorite Restaurants in the Lake Minnetonka Area
Explore the best dining that the lake area has to offer.
- Look Inside Paul Douglas' Lake Minnetonka Home
Nestled on the waterfront near Excelsior, a stunning home points its large portrait windows towards the water. This is Paul and Laurie Douglas’ house.