One of our May stories is about Kailen Rosenberg, a certified marriage coach at Kai-len Love and Life Architects in downtown Wayzata. She’s been coaching couples for six years and has seen it all. Read the full story starting May 1 at lakeminnetonkaamag.com. Until then, take some notes…
Kailen’s Tips for a Great Marriage
1. Love yourself first. “You need to like yourself for who you are and where you’re at before you’ll be able to love anyone else.”
2. Focus! Time is short these days, so when you’re with your significant other, make it count. “Don’t just sit there and talk about kids or work,” says Rosenberg. “Really connect!”
3. Stimulate the senses. Whether it’s a steaming pot of spaghetti or a sensuous bubble bath, getting all the senses involved—sight, smell, taste—creates a more memorable experience.
4. Work together. Whether it’s cleaning the house or doing work around the yard, working as a team makes you appreciate each other and what you’ve built together.
5. Be mindful of what you have. The grass is not always greener, avers Rosenberg.
“What you have is health and the opportunity to give and receive love. Everything else is a gift.”
For a taste of Rosenberg’s relationship coaching style, tune in this fall to “Lovetown, USA,” airing on OWN and BBC Worldwide, and watch as Rosenberg “helps six singles embark on a journey to find true love in their own backyard.”