Everyone knows that Grand Avenue offers some of the best shopping in Saint Paul. But did you know you could polish off your shopping list by stopping in just one building? The shopping mall at 867 Grand Avenue is brimming with stores and services for every audience. Whether your friend or family member enjoys receiving a gift they can cherish forever, experience, or consume right away, the shops at Victoria Crossing have something for everyone.
Garden of Eden
Specializing in scented natural bath and body products, Garden of Eden offers an array of soaps, essential oils, and candles with relaxation and comfort in mind.
1. With 120 hours of burn time and scents created for each room of the home, a LAFCO candle ($60) makes an excellent gift for the friend who always has a candle burning. Try the clean Marine scent; the Belgian hand-blown glass container doubles as art.
2. Garden of Eden’s signature essential oil blends ($19.95 each) are perfect for awakening the senses. The popular relaxation oil makes an excellent gift for the busy hostess, coworker or family member. Whether diffused or inhaled, essential oils in scents like lavender and citrus offer a calming way to relax, sleep or feel energized.
3. And for the woman who loves a polished lip, try the Aromi Beauty Liquid Lipstick ($18). Available in a range of shades, this lipstick has great color and will last for hours through meals and drinks.
Evereve (formerly Hot Mama) aims to inspire women and moms to embrace their beauty and power, and their stylists are experts at helping customers find and style on-trend clothing pieces.
4. Pick up the Sanctuary boyfriend shirt ($79) for a gift that can easily transition from a cozy winter day outfit by the fire to a layering piece in the spring.
5. Evereve’s signature Give Life necklace ($38) is a simple, elegant gift. This beautiful gold-plated necklace adds charm to her collection for every day or special occasions. And she can feel good wearing it, knowing that Evereve donates 20 percent of the profits from the Evereve Give Life necklaces to Opportunity International, which helps women around the world establish businesses and support their families through microloans.
6.This comfortable on-trend fringe blanket sweater ($138) pairs with jeans or leggings; perfect for your best friend, your sister or even as a gift for yourself.
Ten Thousand Villages
A fair-trade nonprofit, Ten Thousand Villages offers unique gifts you’ll feel good about giving. Artisans all over the world produce the distinctive home décor, personal accessories and gift items available in the shop. Ten Thousand Villages further enhances the connection between customers and artisans by including an artisan’s written personal story with most purchases.
7. For the entertainer, look for the Fossil Stone Drink Cubes (set of six, $29.95) which are perfect for cooling a drink without diluting flavor with ice cubes.
8. The Salt Crystal Drink Glass Set (set of four, $39.95) infuses drinks with a hint of salt; made in Pakistan from natural products.
9. And for a unique (and sustainable) gift, check out the recycled Bike Chain Wine Rack from India ($49.95).
InVision Distinctive Eyewear
InVision Distinctive Eyewear is the perfect place to find a gift for the person who wants to stand out from the crowd. Selling only exclusive glasses, sunglasses and accessories, their products are stylish and functional.
10. Check out their selection of EyeBobs ($79-$89), reading glasses that come in so many trendy and traditional colors and shapes, they’re sure to be perfect for your favorite reader.
11. Know someone who is always losing track of their glasses? For a practical but elegant gift, pick up a La Loop necklace ($25-$275) for carrying sunglasses or glasses. The loop at the bottom stays put no matter how much you’re moving around, so glasses aren’t at risk of falling off. La Loop necklaces are available in classy looks featuring leather, silver and beaded straps, or in a sport style for the active wearer.
CorePower is a prime place to look for gifts for the yogi in your life. CorePower offers vinyasa, hot yoga and sculpt classes, so it’s perfect for beginners and advanced students alike.
12. A new yoga mat can transform anyone’s yoga practice. Try the Manduka Pro Lite ($85) for a thick, sturdy mat that is very supportive and feels good on the joints during any type of yoga. Or for your earth-conscious friend, try the Jade Harmony mat ($70). Made of natural, eco-friendly materials, its surface has a strong grip that makes it great for holds.
For your friend who spends every workout at the studio or who wants to learn for the first time, pick up a CorePower gift card (available in any amount). Gift cards can also be used to purchase yoga or lifestyle clothing, and other items in the studio’s retail space.
SHU Global Footwear
Specializing in supportive, comfortable shoes with an edge, SHU Global Footwear has shoes that will keep your feet happy all day long without sacrificing style. Their fashion-forward shoe and boot selection includes many European brands.
13. For your family member or friend who just can’t stay warm during Minnesota’s frigid winters, consider a pair of comfortable and stylish Sorel boots, like the classic Joan of Arctic ($170) or the urban Cate Wedge ($260) for days in the city. SHU has many Sorel styles available.
14. Pair the boots with SmartWool socks or tights ($16.95-$46) to help them keep their toes toasty all winter long.
GENT Cuts & Grooming
GENT Cuts & Grooming offers haircuts and grooming products for men in a premium barbershop with modern flair and an old-school feel. GENT’s haircuts, beard trims, shaves and accessories are perfect gifts for the man in your life.
15. Give a Conk straight razor set ($190) to the man who wants to learn a new skill and experience an excellent shave at home. The set includes a razor, strop and stone. For a slightly more familiar option, try the Merkur Conk five-piece safety razor set ($139), which comes with a razor, brush, bowl, shaving soap, and brush stand.
16. Hair care and skin care products from V-76 and Jack Black can be paired with a shaving set or given separately. Try the V-76 Morning Rush energizing shower essentials set ($47) or Jack Black Supreme Cream triple cushion shave lather ($24) for everyday styling and shaving.
Bread & Chocolate
Feeling too busy to bake this holiday season? Bread & Chocolate, a classic Grand Avenue establishment, offers delectable pastries and baked goods. When cookies, croissants, bars and any number of other desserts are baked fresh daily, it’s hard for anyone to resist.
17. For a holiday party or office gathering, Bread & Chocolate’s mini cookie trays make for a perfect sweet surprise. Cookies like chocolate chunk, snickerdoodle, butterscotch and amaretto will delight friends, family and colleagues. Order ahead and pick up a fresh-baked mini cookie tray the next day. Cookies are available by the dozen ($7.95).
Where to shop: