Throughout its pages, Lake Minnetonka Magazine showcases the lake community in a multitude of ways, and one of our favorite methods is through our annual photo contest—Lens on Lake Minnetonka. Photographers of all abilities are encouraged to share their images through which they’ve captured fresh and artistic angles of our beloved community.
Previously, we’ve encouraged readers to offer their submissions during the month of August. This year, the photo contest will be open during July and August.
After the contest closes, photos are carefully reviewed and voted on by members of our editorial and art departments. (Runners-up and honorable mentions are selected as the number and quality of photos allow.) Subject matter, photo quality and reflection of the community are all taken under review.
Winners, runners-up and honorable mentions in the following NEW categories receive consideration for photo placement in an upcoming issue of Lake Minnetonka Magazine and on our website and social media pages.
Photo Contest Rules and Details
- Entrants must live, work or attend school in the Lake Minnetonka area.
- Entrants may submit up to five photos, with no more than three in any category.
- Photos should be taken in the Lake Minnetonka area.
- Generally, photos should have been taken within a year of the submission date.
- Readers are invited to vote online for their favorite photo submissions in the Readers’ Choice category between September 15–30.