Here’s what’s happening at this year’s community-run Spirit of the Lakes Festival.
- Boots and Badges safety awareness, 5-8 p.m.
- Multi-city mayors’ welcome, 7 p.m.
- Kiddie parade immediately following welcome
- Tim Mahoney concert, 7:15–9:30 p.m.
- Minnesota Wakesurf Championship demo day and longboard competitions, noon-5 p.m.
- Kids’ fun, including airbrush tattoos, crazy hairdos, face painters and caricature drawings, 5–9 p.m.
- Old Voltage (AC/DC tribute band) concert, 8 p.m.
- Fire dancers, 9:40 p.m.
- Bad Girlfriends concert, 10 p.m.- midnight
- MN Wakesurf Championship prelims, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Car shop, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Grand parade, 10 a.m.
- Arts and craft festival, 11 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Business showcase, 11 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Lake Minnetonka boat tours, noon, 1 and 2 p.m.
- Live music throughout the day from the Bad Companions, Grey Beards Band and other stage shows.
- Fireworks, dusk
Spirit of the Lakes Festival
Surfside Park, Mound
More information available on the website here.