We're looking for someone with a magic eye, creative mind and a vision that goes beyond the enticing images that grace our magazines and websites. Interested in joining our team at Tiger Oak Media? Check out the job description below and send a resume, cover letter with salary requirements and up to three samples of your creative work to Tamara Prato at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 17th. No phone calls, please.
Tiger Oak Media
This position is responsible for the planning, art direction, proofing, ad placement and uploading of two Community Lifestyle Magazines. Our community titles include Woodbury Magazine, Edina Magazine, Plymouth Magazine, Maple Grove Magazine, Southwest Metro Magazine, Lake Minnetonka Magazine, and launching in September are White Bear Lake Magazine and St. Louis Park Magazine.
• Meet with Editors/Managing Editor monthly to plan art for up to three Community Lifestyle titles
• Complete pre-pagination and supervise map changes for up to three magazine titles
• Complete monthly photo assignments for staff photographers
• Research new creative concepts for feature stories
• Meet with photographers to discuss feature stories and covers
• Scout possible locations and pick up props for photo shoots
• Coordinate feature and cover photo shoots with subjects
• Supervise and art direct cover and feature photo shoots with photographers
• Design all page layouts for two Community Lifestyle titles
• Traffic proofs to remote editors and Managing Editor
• Meet with Managing Art Director/Creative Director to approve cover/feature concepts/layouts
• Place ads in up to three Community Lifestyle titles
• Complete preflight and pre-press checklist for up to three magazine titles
• Make final PDFs and upload files to the printer
• Assist and design pages for Senior Art Director(s) as assigned monthly
• Assist with internship coordination/program as needed
• Assist with special design projects as needed
• Assist with new flag and logo designs as needed
Excellent communication skills with both magazine subjects and internal staff. Must be detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-pace, deadline-driven environment. Background in graphic design required, preferably 3-5 years experience in a design field. Proficiency in Adobe CS5 (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat) required. Experience with art direction required.